Fusion is a five-year statewide program delivering initiatives that will standardise NSW Health Pathology technologies, processes and workflows, enabling us to work as a seamlessly connected statewide service.
It’s our most significant transformation program to date and will improve service delivery and patient care across NSW for decades to come.
NSW Health Pathology’s Fusion program will:
- better connect the broader NSW Health system with our pathology services
- give patients confidence and certainty that treating teams can access their pathology results no matter where they are in NSW
- improve the way clinicians order pathology tests and receive patient results
- let our staff focus on essential patient care and other core work by simplifying and standardising work processes
- improve data access for our police and justice partners, helping solve crimes and find answers for bereaved families.
NSW Health Pathology-eHealth NSW collaboration
Fusion will include a new statewide laboratory information management system (LIMS), an integral part of eHealth NSW’s ambitious Single Digital Patient Record (SDPR) program.
This will be one of the many ways we work together to improve and share clinical information to further enhance patient care.
Working with the world’s best technology vendors
NSW Health Pathology, with eHealth NSW, applies rigorous processes to partner with the best technology companies to design systems and software that support our work practices and service delivery.
We consult with our expert staff across many and varied sites to understand their specific needs to enable healthcare technology providers to design new, fit-for-purpose solutions that will serve NSW communities.